Search Engine Optimization Articles
These articles are intended to serve as a source for people seeking information on the field of search engine optimization: the various aspects of a web site that are relevant to its standing in the results of searches, the advantages of optimization, and the options one has in working to improve a site, both for the reader and the search engine.
If you're looking for hard data and statistics, you've come to the wrong place. These articles are simply my expression of my own beliefs about SEO, based on study, experience, and common sense. I hope you'll find them useful. If you are interested in reprinting any of these articles or publishing them online, please feel free to contact me.
I also use this area of the site to conduct small tests.
- 28 April, 2003: SEO and SEM: Two Names for the Same Thing?
- Interview on Link Building
- 16 October, 2004: The Eleventh-Word Test
- 27 October, 2004: A Similar Test
- 2 December, 2004: The Test Continues
- 1 February, 2005: The milk+ Test
- 1 July, 2005: The Xam Tests:
- 16 July, 2006: Images as Headings
- 29 June, 2007: Image Optimization
- 12 August, 2009: Testing the Anchor Text of a Second Link
- 18 December, 2009: Is <meta name="title"> the same as <title>?
- 10 April, 2010: The Second Test of the Anchor Text of a Second Link